Join us for the 42nd annual 4th of July Spectacular. We will be updating this section with more information and major announcements as they are provide. Please call the special events office for more information at 655-0002 or 655-0113
Thank you all for purchasing the 4th of July Picnic sites. We are all sold out.
- Information booth open, ATM, Lost & Found, Weyand Field (10:00-9:00)
- Pony Rides, Desiderio Field (10:00–6:30)
- Games Midway & Mechanical Bull Riding, Desiderio Field (10:00-7:00)
- Rides Midway, Sills Field (10:00-8:00)
- Crafts and New Products Bazaar, Fernandez Hall back parking lot (10:00-6:00)
- Food Booths, Weyand Field (10:00-9:00)
Military Working Dog Demonstration, Weyand Field
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Family and MWR Stage, Weyand Field (near the flag pole)
4:00 - 8:30 pm
- 4:00pm: SWITCHFOOT (at 3:45 please lower all umbrellas and tents that are not in the pinic areas)
- 5:30pm: Flag Retreat followed by ONEREPUBLIC
- 7:15pm: 50 State Patriotic Salute, 25th ID Band Concert, 1812 Overture
- 8:30pm: FIREWORKS (from the Commissary parking lot. The commissary and Flagview Mall stores are closed on the 4th of July.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can attend the event?
A: Department of Defense (DoD) ID cardholders and their authorized guests. DoD ID cardholders include military service members (Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve) from all branches of the Armed Forces, military families (dependents), retirees, DoD civilian employees.
Q. Who is an authorized guest?
A. Extended family and/or significant others of DoD ID cardholders.
Q: I am a DoD ID cardholder – am I responsible for my authorized guest?
A: Yes. You are responsible for your guest’s whereabouts and behavior while on the military installation. You vouch for your guest’s conduct and vet that his/her actions will not endanger the safety and security of the installation. You can and will be held liable if your guest’s behavior is not in line with military laws or regulations for the installation.
Q: Does my guest need to be accompanied/escorted when accessing the installation?
A: Yes. Guests must be accompanied by DoD ID cardholders when entering the installation. In addition, all vehicle occupants 16 years of age and older must present a valid government form of identification, such as a drivers license or state ID card.
Q: What gates should event attendees use?
A: DoD ID cardholders and their authorized guests can access the event through any of the following Schofield gates: Foote, Lyman, McNair and Macomb. As a reminder, guests must be accompanied by DoD ID cardholders when entering the installation. All drivers must possess valid vehicle registration and proof of insurance, and all vehicles are subject to search at any time while on the installation.
Q: Who is headlining this year’s event?
A: This year, Armed Forces Entertainment is providing award-winning American Pop Rock band “OneRepublic” to honor and support our local service members and their families. OneRepublic has won numerous music awards (MTV, Teen Choice, Eska), to include being nominated for American Music Awards and a Grammy. The band also just released its third album, March 26, 2013.
Q: Is anything prohibited at this event?
A: The following items are prohibited at the event:
- glass bottles
- distilled spirits/liquor (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, etc.)
- fireworks, including firecrackers and sparklers (Note: Fireworks are prohibited on Army Hawaii installations at all times)
- charcoal/open-flame grills, unless they are in a designated picnic area that is reserved through the Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation. Please visit www.himwr.com for further information or contact DFMWR Special Events at, 655-0002 or 655-0113.
Q: Will alcohol be available for purchase?
A: Beer and wine will be available for purchase. Remember to drink responsibly. Don’t drink and drive. If you plan on drinking, make sure you have a designated driver.
Q: Can I bring coolers?
A: Yes. Coolers and bags are subject to search at any time while on Army installations. Glass containers and distilled spirits/liquor (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, etc.) are prohibited.
Q: Can I bring chairs, pop-ups/canopies, or umbrellas?
A: Low back chairs are highly recommended. “Pop-up” canopies (maximum 12’x12’) and umbrellas are allowed until 3:45 p.m. At that time, you will be required to lower your tent to ensure visibility for all to enjoy the show.